- January 20, 2011 January 20, 2011
Irwin County Middle School - A Title I Schoolwide School
- Grades 6 – 8
- ICMS has a student body of approximately 400 students with a faculty and staff of 65, one principal, two assistant principals, and a curriculum director. The high school guidance department also serves the middle school students.
- Staff planning focuses on technology and the implementation of current educational standards.
- A balanced academic and vocational curriculum affords excellent programs of study for all students.
- In addition to the rigorous state curriculum, all students receive additional academic instruction daily through the Enrichment/Extended Learning block.
- The school occupies a facility that is completely equipped with technology and appropriate software.
Education is a process whereby parents and teachers must work together if maximum growth is to occur. Open communication must be achieved and maintained. The faculty and staff understand the importance of open communication, and encourage parents to be actively involved with their child. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or come by the school. We at ICMS take pride in our students and wish them the best in all their endeavors.
Toll-Free School Safety Hotline
MAKE THE CALL AND STOP VIOLENCE IN YOUR SCHOOL
The 1-877-SAY-STOP toll-free hotline was created by the Georgia Department of Education. Students can anonymously report anyone who has a weapon, has threatened to bring a weapon to school, or has violated any other school safety rules. The hotline hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; after 5 p.m. all calls will be forwarded to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Callers will not be asked to reveal their identities. Make the call; you can make a difference!