Parent(s)/guardian(s) who are enrolling student(s) at Irwin County Middle School must complete a Student Enrollment Packet. The Student Enrollment Packet must be completed in its entirety in order to enroll your student(s) in Irwin County Middle School. This packet may be obtained at the Middle School Counseling Center or Board of Education office or you may download a packet via the link at the right side of the page.
Completed enrollment packets should be turned it at the ICMS Front Office. Once the enrollment packet is received, student records will be requested from the transferring school. A student will be enrolled at ICMS when all required enrollment documentation has been received and reviewed. The parent(s)/guardian(s) will be contacted by Kim R. Bryant, ICMS School Counselor, to provide additional school information and to schedule a start date.
To help ensure a smooth transition to ICMS, the school counselor is available to meet with parent(s)/guardian(s) and new students during the following times and if necessary, by appointment:
|Monday|| 8:30 - 9:30 am
1:30 - 2:30 pm
|Wednesday|| 8:30 - 9:30 am
1:30 - 2:30 pm
|Friday||8:30 - 9:30 am|
Additional documents needed to enroll students into Irwin County Middle School:
- Birth Certificate (or other proof of age)
- Parents registering new students for school can now order Georgia birth certificates online directly from the State of Georgia. The Georgia Technology Authority partnering with the Georgia Department of Public Health provides Request Official Vital Event Records (ROVER), making it convenient to order certificates directly from the State of Georgia.
- Proof of Residency in parent/guardian’s name, which may include
- Current home utility bills (gas, electric, water, sanitation, cable, or land line telephone bill)
- Current property tax statement or deed/valid residential lease or rental agreement
- Current home purchase agreement.
- For those parents living with someone, a third-person affidavit of residency (notarized affidavit shall be completed and signed by parent, guardian or other person, as well as the legal owner or lessor of the property where the student and the parent, guardian, or other person reside). Residency Affidavits may be obtained at the Central Office located at 210 Apple Street, Ocilla, GA.
- Custody/Guardianship documentation, if applicable
- Georgia Certificate of Immunization, Form 3231(available from a doctor or the Health Department)
- Georgia Eye, Ear, and Dental Certificate, Form 3300 (available from a doctor or the Health Department)
- Copy of Student’s Social Security Card (or signed waiver in accordance with O.C.G.A 20-2-150). The lack of or objection to providing a social security number will not prevent a student from being enrolled. Students will not be denied enrollment due to lack of a social security number.
- Any restraining orders or other legal documents specifically limiting the access of any individual to the student(s) being enrolled.
- Proof of health insurance/Medicaid.
- Records from previous school, including Special Education Records (IEP/SST/504/Gifted). The ICMS Counseling Center will request previous school records, but will not enroll the student until ALL the documentation has been received.